- Why should I hire a wedding car?
- I only need transport to a single venue. Do I need a car?
- The wedding venue is only ten minutes away – why is it so much more expensive than a taxi?
- Do you provide transport for civil ceremonies and same-sex weddings?
- Can we hire your cars for proms?
- What cars are available for hire, and what are the differences between them?
- Are your cars genuine classics?
- What does a classic car ‘feel like’, is it comfortable?
- Are your cars fitted with seatbelts?
- Are children allowed in your cars? Do we need a booster seat?
- How roomy are your wedding cars? I’m concerned about my dress!
- Who drives the cars?
- Who owns the cars?
- Can we see the cars before hiring?
- Can we hire more than one car?
OUR RATES AND WHAT’S INCLUDED
- What are your rates?
- What is included with the cost of wedding hire?
- How much is transport for the bridesmaids or members of the wedding party?
- How can we pay?
- How long are we entitled to use the car for? What if we’re running late on the day?
- Do you offer late night pickups/carriages?
- What is the process required to hire a car?
- When is the best time to book?
- What if I need to cancel?
- What happens if it snows?
- What happens if the car breaks down?
Your first car journey together as a married couple should be unforgettable. It will be one of the few opportunities you get to breathe, sit back and relax on what will be a busy wedding day. Few people get the chance to be chauffeur-driven in the luxury and elegance of a genuine classic car, and if you only get one chance to do this, then your wedding day should be it.
Our cars also offer the perfect backdrop to your wedding photos, and you leaving as a married couple will be one of the most photographed moments of the day, let alone affording other opportunities such as photo stops en-route.
If you are having your service and reception at the same venue, the car can still play an important part in the day. We would make sure you arrive in style, and are happy to stay until after the service and even give the married couple a short journey together, including any photo stops en-route.
To use an example, if a bride is staying the night before at the venue, then we can take the groom in luxury to the service and then we can stay until after the service for a short trip in the local area.
Yes, absolutely, we are fully insured for this and would be delighted to play a part in same-sex weddings and legal civil ceremonies.
Unfortunately not, no. We specialise in weddings and the law requires a different kind of license to the one which allows us to do weddings. If you enquire elsewhere, please ensure they have a suitable license and insurance as the police often do stop-checks.
We can understand why people might make the comparison, but the service we offer is different to a taxi company.
For your wedding and your wedding only we will wash, polish and valet the car, decorate it with flowers and ribbons, will have champagne and mineral water available and even if you only have a ten minute journey, we will still be there an hour early, and are happy to wait around afterwards for photos.
It’s also important to remember that we use a fleet of classic cars, and the maintenance costs are far more than on a modern car, as is fuel consumption (our Bentley doesn’t even do 10 miles to a gallon!).
The price also factors in journey time from our base in Buxted and the peace of mind of having a professional chauffeur who only ever drives for weddings. While a taxi will pick up dozens of passengers every day, you will be the only person to use the car on your wedding day. No wedding has ever taken us less than three hours when you factor in all this, and we offer far more than ‘just’ a car for ten minutes.
The Bentley and Rolls Royce are our most popular cars and are roomy and luxurious. Our stretched Mini is unique to the area and perfect for those looking for something totally different. Our Morris Minors are more compact but are perfect for ‘shabby chic’ vintage-style weddings. We also have two Jaguar XJ8s, suitable for members of the wedding party.
Absolutely, yes. Many wedding cars, such as Beaufords, appear to be classics (and are even marketed as being classic or vintage) but are kit cars and are relatively modern, styled to look like a classic using a reinforced plastic body on a modern car chassis. The giveaway is normally the modern number plates and pretend wheel trims.
With the exception of our modern Jaguar XJ8s, our cars are all genuine classics with real chrome details, original leather detailing and period details. Our Morris Minors and stretched Mini are over 50 years old, and our Bentley is now over 60. They are luxury cars, hand-built and steeped in history.
Despite being classic cars, our Bentley and Rolls Royce are both quiet, comfortable and smooth, and due to their luxury are comparable in this respect to even modern cars. Our Morris Minors and stretched Mini are a bit less refined, and not as smooth due to their manual gearboxes, but are still comfortable and a great way to get to a wedding.
Our cars are authentic classic vehicles and as such the majority do not have seatbelts fitted. Please see the next answer for how this affects travel for children.
- Our Bentley, Rolls Royce, stretched Mini and Morris Minor Traveller have no seatbelts fitted
- Our Morris Minor Open Top has front seatbelts fitted, but no seatbelts in the rear
- Our Jaguar XJ8s have three-point seatbelts fitted on all seats
In accordance with the law, children over the age of three can ride in our classic cars. Children will need to be supervised by an adult and remain seated as our classic cars are not fitted with seatbelts.
In our Jaguar XJ8s, children under 12 or 1.35m must be seated in a child car seat. We ask that the car seat is supplied and fitted by yourselves – all seats in our Jaguar XJ8s are fitted with three-point seatbelts.
“My dress had a very long train and a full skirt and there was plenty of room in your lovely Bentley – it was really easy to get in and out of the car too.” Verity and Stuart
We’ve driven plenty of brides with large dresses. Our stretched Mini has a huge amount of legroom thanks to the face-to-face seating (much like a London black cab). Our Bentley and Rolls Royce are also both roomy and have easy access, while our Jaguar XJ8s are roomy but quite low, meaning they’re not quite as easy to get in and out of. Finally, our Morris Minors are our smallest cars, but still practical for most dresses.
“Your Bentley was immaculate and had plenty of room for my dress (which is more than can be said for the gate into our church!” Katie and John
Wherever possible, our cars are driven their owners, the directors of the company. If the owner is unavailable, then you will be in the safe hands of one of our other trusted drivers who are experienced, local and passionate about classic cars.
They will be smartly dressed in a suit, and when driving our Bentley or Rolls Royce will be wearing a chauffeur’s hat. They are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, and you are welcome to meet the drivers at wedding fairs, or by appointment.
In the run-up to your wedding we will make sure you have the personal mobile phone number of your driver who will be on hand to look after you if you have any questions.
The cars are owned by their drivers. We’re not an agency or broker, so we can guarantee quality of service by knowledgeable, experienced drivers that we can trust.
Yes, of course, it’s something we encourage. Please get in touch via the contact us page to arrange a viewing. We’re only a small company, so we don’t have a showroom, but any of our cars can be viewed by appointment in Buxted. Alternatively you can see at least one of our cars and drivers at the wedding fairs we attend.
Yes, of course, please get in touch to discuss as we offer discounts on the use of a second car. Our Jaguar XJ8s are available for just £195 as a second car, while many of our classic cars looked great paired together.
We like to tailor every aspect of our service to your special day. Our pricing is flexible and takes into account how many venues you wish to have transport to (we offer discounts if you require transport to a single venue), how many cars you wish to hire (the second car will be discounted), when you are getting married (we offer discounts for late bookings) and more.
Here are some approximate example prices:
- Transport to two venues in one of our Morris Minors: From around £250
- Transport to two venues in our stretched Mini: From around £300
- Transport to two venues in either our Bentley or Rolls Royce: From around £450
- Transport to two venues in either our Bentley or Rolls Royce with our Jaguar XJ8 as a second car: £600
- No surcharge or penalties for scenic routes, photo opportunities or late-running
We want to make your wedding transport unique to you and your wedding, but the cost of hire at a minimum includes the following:
- The hire of a chauffeur-driven classic car
- Travel to your destination along a suitably scenic route, with the opportunity for photo stops
- Free champagne toast and bottle of mineral water
- The car will be decorated in ribbons in your choice of colour
- Umbrellas, an emergency sewing kit and mineral water are included
- A neutral flower display in the rear of the car, if you wish
- Free trip for bridesmaids or members of the wedding party if the venue is within 10 minutes
For short journeys (approximately ten minutes) this will be absolutely free using a single car, then returning for the bride or groom. For journeys longer than this we’d need to use a second car, otherwise logistically it would mean the wedding party members would have to wait for 30+ minutes. A Jaguar XJ8 as a second car would cost £195.
Our preferred method is by bank transfer (BACS), but you can also pay by cheque. If neither of these are possible and you wish to pay by credit card via PayPal.
Don’t worry, we don’t run to timetables, don’t clock watch, don’t charge by the hour and won’t have any other weddings to dash off to on your special day so there are no unreasonable time limits. If you are running late, we will wait, and you will have the driver’s mobile phone number so that if things do change, you can let him know.
Unfortunately this isn’t something we offer for a variety of reasons. We recommend finding an executive car hire company which will be competitively priced but still a nice way for the happy couple to leave the reception venue.
- You would first reserve the car and pay a non-refundable £100 (£50 for our Morris Minors)
- We will send you a form so you can plan your wedding transport, make any special requests and make sure we are in the right place at the right time The remaining payment for the car will be due a month before the date of hire
- We will also make sure you have contact details for the chauffeur(s) on the day
This is a common question and a difficult one to answer. Most people book around 9-12 months in advance, but many people book earlier. If you have a specific car in mind, even on a quiet month it would only take one booking on the same day for it to become unavailable.
Our busiest months are July to September, and the busiest day across the year is Saturday although the trend is now moving towards other days and months. Please feel free to email to check availability. Only £50-100 is required to reserve with no further payment due until a month before the wedding.
A £100 deposit is required to book our cars (or £50 for our Morris Minors, or £150 if you are hiring two cars) which is not refundable. We try and be as flexible as possible when it comes to cancellation, but due to the long lead times and limited availability of our cars, cancellations cause us disruption and lose us money. Fortunately, cancellations are extremely rare, and wedding insurance can help guard against loss of money should the worst happen.
- If you cancel over 6 months prior to the event, no further charge will be made
- If you notify us between 3 and 6 months before the event, we will require 50% of the outstanding balance
- If you cancel less than 3 months prior to the event, we regret we must ask for full payment
Our priority is to get you to your wedding, but we do also have a duty of care which means we may have to substitute your car for something more suitable, such as our Morris Minors which can be fitted with snow chains. Unfortunately the possibility of snow is something you have to plan for with winter weddings – snow is disruptive and in the event that it does snow, it is likely to cause problems for other suppliers and wedding guests too.
This is a frequently asked question, and understandably so. Our cars are fastidiously maintained and the garage we use has an exceptional reputation. Because our drivers own their cars, they also know them inside-and-out. They are classic cars, though, and like all cars, we cannot rule out the possibility of breakdowns.
If we have to substitute the car prior to the wedding, you will be refunded at least 10%. On the day, we aim to arrive around an hour early as contingency, but if any breakdown should directly impact on our ability to get the bridal party to the church we will discuss compensation with the organiser on a case-by-case basis. We will be as generous as we can in compensating you. If two cars are hired, it will reduce the effect of a breakdown, but we understand people may not want to do this, and will do everything we can to get the bride or groom to the church.